[GeoStL] Re: KC summer picnic

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 21:01:13 -0500

-
Jo and I always go. They usually plan the picnic on a day that they know that I can make. This year I may have a problem. The picnic is right in the middle of an event in stl that I want to be at. If I cant attend the motorcycle thing here, we will probably head to KC. I would hate to miss it. There are a few camp places around but we always camp at Lake Jocomo in flemming park. It is in/near Blue Springs on the eastern edge of "KC". It is a county run park that has campsites as good as the state parks around here. Look up jackson county parks and you can find their reservation system. I believe there are three parks that have campsites. If you see a big ole lake between Blue Springs and Lees summit, that is Lake Jocomo. There are caches there too! :-)

glenn

Glenn

Weymouth wrote:
-
We are thinking about attending the Kansas City Summer
Picnic and noticed a few other SLAGA members (Brawny,
lancelot, Crowesfeat and Strider) have noted that they
are planning on attending as well.  We thought that
this would be a great way to meet some of the cachers
from the KC area.

I am wondering what the plans are for this event from
a SLAGA point of view.  Will you be camping, if so
where, group caching Saturday morning?, auto caravan
from/to St Louis/KC on friday and sunday?  or anything
else.

Jeff
JC_Geo