[GeoStL] Re: Just got home

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 18:47:00 -0500

Yea, started raining in the morning and slowed us down quite a bit and we
just drove by lots of the easy caches we had planned for today.

I took 110 waypoints, printed about 50 of those sheets and found 17 or so of
the planned 30 or 35.

We ran the trip backwards from what I originally intended. We started with
Denmark cache (very easy) , then south thru Chester to larue swamp (the
place with the snakes) . We drove around in the woods on gravel roads nearly
all day to get just 7 caches. They took quite a bit of time due to the slow
backwoods travel. We checked in to the campground after dark and camped
along the lake at The Crab Orchard camp area on Hw 13 between Carbondale and
Marion. (site B-36)  We ate at a Mexican place in Marion (yum) then went
back to sit by the fire, watch the lake and listen to the geese make geese
noises. Jo then went on to dream about being attacked by a pack of killer
gooses!

We started off with big plans today, Hit the two caches at Herron Lake and
when it started raining we decided on only fast, easy, drive by caches were
all that we were going to do.  We then headed toward home on I57 to I64.
Last of the day was Falling springs in Dupo since Jo hasn't seen it yet.

When ya look at the cache pattern it will be obvious that we passed many
caches that were just a short distance away but we just decided to pass them
by and come back another time.

All in all it was a great trip and I got a feel for the area and know how to
group things when we go back. There are plenty of fine caches down there to
keep us busy for a while. Seems like this Myhoots fella has caches all over
the place down there!

Glenn