[GeoStL] Just got back

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gc-Maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:31:22 -0500

from 900 driving miles and 3 days hiking in NW Arkansas. No internet access so
now I have zillions of emails to go through. It's actually nice to not have to
be kept up to date everyday.

Sunday or Monday they had 10+ inches of rain in Springfield and 12+ inches just
west of there, but not a drop south of Branson. Same as here when I got home
late last night; nothing in the raingauge.

94-98 everyday and spent lots of time walking down the center of the Buffalo
river with just rock and an occasional pool of water for a quick dip. Probably
not the best week to have gone down there temperature wise.

So, to Bridget's question, "no" I won't be going to KC this weekend. I'll be
gone again tomorrow (so no lunch either) and don't feel like driving another
500 miles to KC and back.

I'll try and make the dinner Sat. night but won't be caching.

In Oct. for the Olney trip and Springfield, that's still open but the last
GC101 class is Oct 13 and we are going the 3rd or 4th week to the Smokies and I
don't want to have to work my trip around events.

And this WAS NOT a caching trip. Picked up a few going down and several in
Springfield and Branson while it rained, but only about 5 or 6 during the
Arkansas part.