[GeoStL] Re: Just a bit of Warning

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:41:05 -0700 (PDT)

This is true for an active right of way but this is an
abandoned section of track and the only thing left is
the grade ...no tracks at all ....The RR still retains
the right of way usually but sometimes it is deeded
over to the city or county....very very seldom is it
given back to private adjacent land owners ....this is
the reason I think that it was not privately owned but
I was not about to argue the fine points of the law
with an angry landowner

Dan