[GeoSTL] Re: Just Wondering?

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:33:03 -0500

I've got the eTrex Legend (a step down from the Vista). It's my first GPS so I
don't have any comparison with another. I bought it in Nov. 2001 and had no
problems all winter and spring when the leaves were gone. Now that summer is
here, I have some trouble keeping a lock in the dense woods, but I think that's
common with the built-in antennas. Mine has 8 meg (Vista 24 meg), which gives
me enough room to download Metroguide maps for St. Louis from St. Charles, out
to Jeff city, Rolla, Sikeston, Belleville, and Alton.

It's like a Ford or Chevy, they do the same but the price determines the bells
and whistles. (Not really, Chevy's are better!)