[GeoStL] Re: Jeremy Irish denounces religious cache!

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 19:35:31 -0500

Religious caches/cache bait have been debated so many times in the forums it
isn't even funny. Jeremy obviously has a personal bias against them in that
he considers religious content trash that should be removed.

But the fact is, if it wasn't for Pray for the USA, I wouldn't even be a
cacher, because I would never have even heard of it it if Dan and Brad had
not placed that cache and our pastor had not told us about it.

There have been caches that don't state up front their purpose and those are
questionable but, I think Caches like Pray for the USA and similar caches
that state up front what they are, are no different than any other themed
cache.

Jen-who is way sore and a bit bumbed after an unsuccesful Katy Trail 174!

St. Louis BookCrossing Chapter
http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/stlouisbookcrossers/Main.html

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.