[GeoStL] Re: "I've developed a fear of snakes" in forum "Geocaching Topics"

  • From: JimSGreene@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:05:40 EDT

My brother had a pet snake that got loose, a neighbor woman killed it in  her
yard, my brother told her to drop dead, that night she did! I bet my brother
never said that again.

In a message dated 10/15/2007 8:01:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
showme69@xxxxxxxx writes:

Unfortunately, some people don't care how harmless or docile a snake  is.
This woman I work with is so afraid of snakes she is irrational.   She has
her son kill any she finds in her yard while mowing the grass. And  here's
the funniest and most irrational part.  If she's driving her  car on the road
and spots a snake also on the road, she stops and waits  for it to move
along.  Why you say? Wouldn't she just run over it to  kill it?  No, not a
chance. She's afraid if she runs over it, the  tire will throw the snake up
under the car and it will crawl inside.   Yes, I'm serious.  At least she
doesn't kill the ones on the  road.  I've tried to talk some sense into her
but it ain't  happening.

Gale