[GeoStL] Re: It's not about the numbers, but

  • From: "Robert Oelschlaeger" <roelschlaeger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:37:01 -0500

So it should be obvious to the casual observer that if you DNF ratio is
equal to your DNF/Finds percentage, that the answer is 10.

What has this got to do with food??

Bob (aka roelsch)

On 5/16/07, RNX <_rnx_@xxxxxxx> wrote:

-

i think that the key is to clearly lable the results. Do you want a ration
of finds to DNFs, or a ratio of DNF to total search event, or a ratio of DNF
to unique caches hunted, etc.

The equation that started this thread was total finds/total DNF logs which
gives the result that should be labled something like X finds per DNFs
logged. (assuming that we can only find a cache once which we all know is
not a true assumption a la Pere Jacques Marquette La Croix 2* *....)