[GeoStL] Re: Island cache!

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 00:21:09 -0600

-
If you want to drive to an Island Cache, go to Skinny Island-next to L&D 26
(by Alton).  When they built the levee they filled in and cut off some of
the water surrounding the island.  While there is now only water on two
sides, the USGS maps still identify it as an island.  There are six active
caches on Skinny Island.  Search around N38 52.272 W90 09.017 and the 6
nearest IL caches are on the island.  My maps have Skinney Island
identified.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

from this