[GeoStL] Island Caching at Table Rock Lake

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:26:05 -0500

Table Rock Island Hopping/Caching at its Finest!

I'm pleased to announce that my Event Cache Page GC3WGVH has been published
concerning a geocaching adventure on Table Rock Lake next month.  This
"Gathering at the Lake" will be the start of an island hopping adventure and
exploring the islands where there are geocaches on 7 different islands where
they are only accessible by boat.  This event is on Saturday October 13th at
Big Cedar Marina where I've reserved a 12 passenger pontoon boat.  To do the
whole trip will take between 3 and 4 hours and will show you the southern end
of the lake between the Arkansas border and the dam area.  If we have more than
12 people I'll run a second afternoon trip.

In addition I have reserved a 5 bedroom duplex on Table Rock Lake just about 2
miles from the marina and currently have 2 bedrooms left.  One has a queen and
2 bunk beds for a total of 3 beds.  The other is a room with just one twin bed
in it (great for a solo person).  The duplex has a full kitchen, washer/drier,
movie theater room, pool table, card table, wet bar downstairs, 2 decks
overlooking the lake, grill, 3,500 sq feet of deluxe accommodations.  I have
the unit rented for Thurs-Sat (10/11-14) night, departing on Sun the 14th.
Cost per room is a meager $55 night.  Let me know if you are interested.  (Of
course there is plenty of rooms in Branson and at Happy Hollow Resort just
across the bridge from the marina where you can stay on the lake.)

Big Cedar Lodge requested that I put numerous caches around the property and
promotes geocaching as a main-stream activity there now.  I currently have 7
caches on the scenic Wilderness Trail behind the stables and 6 more around the
main property area.  Several other caches are near by as well.  And don't
forget the numerous caches around the Branson Area.  You will not find a dull
moment this weekend.

Check the cache page out (GC3WGVH) and let me reserve a seat on the pontoon
boat for you.  Contact me via the page and via e-mail at
cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Your cache director,
Bob Pratt
BBD1