[GeoStL] Re: Is my GPS dead or just playing opossum?

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:48:22 -0800 (PST)

-
Guess it's a good thing your vista is being shipped today then.  Sorry the Rino
died, don't know how to fix it other than to send it to garmin.
Brent & Amanda Deen <bajaclan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-
While out caching a few days ago, my Rino 110 (yeah, yeah, I know, quit
laughing) died. I had received a low battery warning several times and
it shut itself off. I could turn it back on for a while, then of
course, it would give the low battery warning again and shut off. When
it died for the last time it was in my hand as I walked back to my car,
so I replaced the batteries. It still wouldn't come on. Took the
batteries out and reseated them. Still nothing. Tried multiple
combinations of batteries (new, recharged, both). Nada. It also won't
work with the power plug for the car now. I checked the fuse in the
power plug and it is good. I did not drop it or get it wet. Has this
happened to anyone else? Any ideas?

Subject field

Subject field