[GeoStL] Re: Illinois Closing selected State Parks and Historical Sites

  • From: Mike Maryan <mmaryan99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:14:26 -0500

Reading the Post Dispatch this morning it has an article in the Metro section
stating that the federal gov. has urged five of the IL state parks to stay
open, since they provided financial assitance to the parks!  It also said that
IL has pushed the closing of the historic sites back between 15 and 30 days and
the closing of the parks is now NOV. 31,2008 instead of the 1st of November!

TheMadChef

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 00:00:37 -0500
From: jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Illinois Closing selected State Parks and Historical Sites

It sounds like you will be arrested for trespassing if you enter a closed park
or facility. I bet caching won't be a good enough excuse.

Jim

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Craig <seaeye@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-

What will they do with them after they are closed? Lock us away from all that
natural beauty with iron gates???? I'd really like to know.