[GeoStL] Ice Age ?time capsule? in Missouri (a very important discovery made)

  • From: pntball <gcpntball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mickey <mehr62@xxxxxxx>,myotis <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 04:35:46 -0700 (PDT)

I heard about this on the radio and decided to look further into it.this is a
very important discovery for us here in missouri as this contains valuable
information about the ice age here in missouri and the behavior of animals they
never knew.i am including several links to this but as i can tell the pictures
will serve no justice as to how beautiful this cave actually is.hope you enjoy
this as much as i did looking for the information for you.PLEASE do not try
hunting this cave nor place any caches anywhere in the area.thanks and happy
hunting, pntball

(this link has many graphics and will take time to load but the images are
worth it THIS PAGE CONTAINS THE BEST PICTURES I HAVE SEEN YET)
http://www.student.smsu.edu/b/bls415s/riverbluff.htm

(this is a pdf file with updated information as of may 2003 of discoveries in
the cave)
http://www.drury.edu/cgcs/iml/learner/april03.pdf

(this is the article posted to the st. louis post dispatch)
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/News/Missouri+State+News/A4619C842024B09886256DA700221185?OpenDocument&Headline=Missouri+cave+is+a+time+capsule+from+the+Ice+Age,+researchers+say

(this page contains many pictures of caves in missouri about 70 caves are
listed on this page)
http://home.mchsi.com/~ohghome/photos3.htm

(other links about the same cave)
http://www.msnbc.com/news/968572.asp?0cl=cR

this is the search i performed on google their are 4 pages of results for this
riverbluff cave
http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=riverbluff+cave