[GeoStL] Re: Ice Age time capsule

  • From: "Jerome Reed" <jrcamper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:52:14 -0500

A fellow caver and I discovered a cave that was opened up when they put in a
new section of Hwy 21 several years ago.  We removed some rubble at the edge of
a new roadcut, and rappelled in.  It was very cool to be the first person to
set foot there.  The cave is several hundred feet long and contains some nice
speleothems and a small waterfall.  It was however very unstable due to
blasting and we sealed it back up.  It is on file in the cave files of the
Missouri Geologic Survey in Rolla.  It did not however contain any fossils like
Riverbluff Cave.  Jerome