[GeoStL] Re: I posted updated maps tonight

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:39:23 -0500

Are you having problems with the MapSource update or using my maps???

If it is my maps:

What it does is inserts 3 entries into the registry for each mapset.  It
tells mapsource where the files are.  If they are not there, it won't open.
So you have to put the files in the exact location the directions say.  The
best thing to do is install one mapset make sure mapsource opens, then do
the next and make sure mapsource opens.

Also you can use mapsettoolkit.exe It lists all the mapsets installed in the
registry.  Just click on the one you installed and select uninstall and it
will undo everything.

Call me if you still have problems, I will be up for another hour.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Go Obama!

  _____