[GeoStL] Re: I just got reprimanded

  • From: Glenn Nash <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:05:26 -0600

-
Per the groundspeak guidelines, a cache can be temporarily disable for
a few weeks.

What I have allowed on my watch is nothing short of negligence by
allowing caches to remain disabled for months. Natural disasters, park
reconstruction and the like are all out of our control.  If a cache
cant be repaired before it is archived, it can be repaired after it is
archived and reactivated if not too much time has passed.

I guess i better work on finishing the long version of my short note
from the other day...

On Jan 12, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Steve Bromley wrote:

> -
> 'disabled'  caches and don't even look for them.  I'd be
> upset if I spend a bunch of  time looking for a cache that
> the owner 'knew' wasn't there.  I know Glenn  sent out a
> message stating that the cycle would change to one from
> whatever it  was.  I took that to be from enabled to
> disabled not from disabled to  archived, especially if the
> owner has a legitimate reason for not enabling it.  (Like
> the area is under construction).

Your friendly Missouri Geocache Review team,
Glenn (*gln) & Reviewer of the Cache (RotC)