[GeoStL] I just got reprimanded

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:14:49 -0800 (PST)

-
There has been some talk lately about not taking care of your caches and
leaving them disabled for a long time.

Well this is what happened to me.

I just got reprimanded on two of my caches (GCVAJ1 & GC184HX) about them being
disabled for 2 weeks and asking that I post a note to the cache page if I am
going to repair or replace the cache.

When I disabled the cache I did put a note in there where I said "Look for
something new in this area for the Winter Potluck and Cabin Fever event on
January 24th, 2009."

Instead of disabling the cache to try and stop people from going out to a cache
that we might not know is gone or that we know is gone and will be fixing,
should we just not disable it so people don't know.  I think that is a dirty
low down trick to do to people.

I know that these type of reprimands are probably just automatically done for
any cache that is disabled for over 2 weeks but I think someone should at least
take a look at the cache page to see if the cache owner has already done what
is being asked of him to do.

I tried to follow the rules and still got in trouble.

Sorry Glenn, but this really needs to be done differently.