[GeoStL] Re: "How to" sessions

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:48:20 -0600

-
I think that's was too expensive. See if there is a senior center centrally
located. We have one in St. Peters and it costs nothing. Another option
might be high schools and middle schools. I know that the St. Charles county
library district is still free. The same rules apply, no eating or drinking.
We can also see about Maritz conference center. They seem to allow us to
have large scout meetings there. Perhaps they will do the same.

Subjects I would like to see covered are...

Advanced Features of GPSr
How to use UTM on a map with your GPSr
Geocaching without a GPSr
Proper caching ettiquet
Fun games for children using a GPSr (We all know how much fun geocaching is,
are there other things we can do?)
Different formats explained (UTM, NAD, WGS, etc...)
Advanced Map skills
Definitions and terminology in the geocache world.

Thanks Rich for all your hard work. I will see you next Tuesday night..

Mike