[GeoStL] Re: Hiding a cache at a residence

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:43:57 -0600

-
Same caveat as my previous post, but, I just thought of something else.
If they have a neighborhood watch thing going, you may trigger some
calls if someone is poking around a residence. Look what happened with
the folks reporting the "suspicious activity" at the ice cream parlor
that caused the bomb squad to shoot the cache. The cache hider had
permission from the property owner, but others were not in the loop. So
if a neighbor thinks someone is "casing the joint", we may draw some
unwanted attention.

I realize this place may not be in a normal residential neighborhood,
but if it is, this is something to consider.

Jen wrote:

>-
>Wanting to know if it is considered ok to hide a cache at a residence?
>There is a historical residence in Cuba that I have gotten permission to place
>a cache there.   There is a lot of history with this place.  (I am currently
>working on placing 5 multi caches in Cuba)
>
>Just making sure there are no rules against placing at a residence that I am
>not aware of.
>
>I hope to have more caches hid soon.  I just have a lot of ground work yet.
>
>Thanks for your input,
>Jen
>
>-- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --
>-- Desc: "AVG certification"

>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

> Subject field

Subject field