[GeoStL] Re: Hiding a cache at a residence

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:34:11 -0600

-
I am not an experienced cacher, but I am pretty good at being the
devil's advocate, so take this for what it is worth.

I would think that the approach to the residence would be an important
consideration. If there is a possibility that someone may wind up going
through private property belonging to someone other than the residence
owner, then I would think twice about it. Sometimes I use the GPS to
"follow the road" to a cache, then switch over to "not follow the road"
for the final approach. Sometimes this leads me to a residential area
behind a park rather than the park itself. Likewise, someone may not
approach the cache from where you might expect, and may wind up cutting
through private property that you don't expect. If that is the case, I
would add cautionary notes to the cache description to avoid going where
they should not on their approach to the cache.

Jen wrote:

>-
>Wanting to know if it is considered ok to hide a cache at a residence?
>There is a historical residence in Cuba that I have gotten permission to place
>a cache there.   There is a lot of history with this place.  (I am currently
>working on placing 5 multi caches in Cuba)
>
>Just making sure there are no rules against placing at a residence that I am
>not aware of.
>
>I hope to have more caches hid soon.  I just have a lot of ground work yet.
>
>Thanks for your input,
>Jen
>
>-- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --
>-- Desc: "AVG certification"

>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

> Subject field

Subject field