[GeoStL] Hawn

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:17:06 -0800 (PST)

I have tried to send this message at least once and it bounced back on me so I
will try again.

The MIGC event at Hawn was in the words of my sons "AWESOME". I met and talked
with way too many cachers to remember the names of but each and every one of
them was helpful and friendly. The staff excluding me did a fantastic job of
hiding and getting the park and caches and WPs ready and aside from one small
glitch it was a perfect event. I wish I had been able to get down and help more
with the setup but I hope that I was able to help with the actual event just a
little. Thanks to Mike and Bridget and all the other dedicated staffers who
managed to pull off a great event.

I heard no words of criticism from anyone about the event. Instead I heard
nothing but praise and joy from those who were at the event. The competitions
were very well planned and I think those that participated (whether they
finished or not) enjoyed the courses. I was very impressed with all the
competitors and their stamina and endurance. I walked a part of the courses and
it tired me out even when I was not racing to get them done. The team course
was a grueling and hard course and my admiration for the ones who did compete
is very very high. I walked only 1/4 of the team and it took a very long time.

To those that missed the event whether because you were busy or because you
just did not think you wanted to go to a competition. You missed a FANTASTIC
time with some great people.And you start marking your calendars for next year.

Once again I say GREAT JOB to all who made this possible

Dan