[GeoStL] Re: Happy birthday Joe

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:12:58 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you all for the well wishes.  I feel I have a new family here.  I will
make it to a SLAGA Event one of these days, planning on the Fall picnic to
finally meet yall.  I've only had the oppertunity to meet MamaLu and Rockfish
(Of Slaga). I have met twice with the RIver Valley Geocachers before.

I might just head to STL and try out that B-Day Cache.  give me a few hours, to
plot other nearby caches and time to get up there.  I have a cache hide of my
own I am planning too.  I might even give Mighty Miss a try again as well - I
re-looked two other caches I missed before so maybe that is a confidence
builder (Tip Top Park and Elephant Rocks - Dumbo)

When I first started Caching out in MO I noticed the same names as I looked
through logbooks, and by repeatedly seeing names, I started to see how replies
showed off personalities, and when I got in this email group, the pesonalities
came to life even more.

This is the first and only email group I am a part of (a few other caching
groups), but never got involved with an email group before.  My brother is a
computer hog and spends all his time at his computer with all kinds of other
groups.

He will most likely never get to meet the people he chats with or emails to.
Here, we lead each other to get out and enjoy what life and nature has to
offer.  And we are all centrally located  (with the exception of me...lol)

I have learned new history, science, got refreshers in math, solved puzzles,
and walked many many miles out in the wilderness, and seen places I never knew
were there (that I have passed dozens of times (OK so most of us have).

It is great exercise for the Mind and Body.  Now I am waiting for winter to
come around again so I can get some other (failed) caches where I had some
Bushes and Thorns Kick my Butt.....LOL

I will give y'all more info about my newest cache hide (well an already
existing one with a little change).  It involves a Cave that I had planned for
so long and I think I finally found a green light to making it happen.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

"know_future@xxxxxxxx" <know_future@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
-

Hey Joe! Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

Go to the following link for a second-hand birthday greetings:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=33232f98-8ec5-4fc8-b145-00d18b8bd0ea

Many happy returns!

Know Future

-- Glenn wrote:
-
I just heard that Rocky F Squirrell is having a birthday today!!
Happy birthday Joe.

http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=461&view=findpost&p=9555

Subject field

Subject field

Joe Taylor
IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Check out my NEW Web Page
Favorite GC - Stories and Adventures
UPDATED - JUNE 9,2005

Rockey the Flying Squirrell

 What is Geocaching (In case you are not in the Geocaching Mailing Groups)

http://mail.yahoo.com