[GeoStL] Re: Hands into holes

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:14:45 -0500

- Except that snakes like rattlers sense heat and don't have to see to strike. The stick doesn't give off heat. Your hand does.

Dan Henke wrote:
Flash picture that is a great idea  hadn't really thought of that though I have used the trick to look inside of walls and things in historic buildings. I will remember that the next time I go .....that way if you make the snake extremely mad by poking him with a stick you at least give yourself a chance of not being bitten by blinding him :P

Dan

Jack Konecker <jack.konecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Instead of sticking a hand into a deep dark
place, many geocachers carry a walking
stick and use the stick to move things around.
Let the snake bite the  walking stick and not
the hand!

If you have to use your hand, some people
bring gloves with them for just the occassion.

One trick to GeoJim taught me was that instead
of sticking your hand into the hollow of a
tree and blindly feeling around, you take a flash
picture with a digital camera and then look at
the picture.

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.