[GeoStL] Re: HTM#1 Witches Cemetery RE: Bernie

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:56:21 -0500

I felt Dan addressed that adequately in his comment on the cache
page when he says it has been known as a hangout for local teenagers.
Kids will be kids.  For the short length of time the cache has been
around compared to the number of geocachers who has visited it,
I could easily believe the damage was done by the teenagers a lot
easier than thinking it was the work of geocachers.  When I hunted
this cache, I don't recall having any need or desire to push rock
walls over to find it.

Similarly, I may hunt caches in areas that have a lot of trash on the
ground, but that doesn't mean I put the trash there and it doesn't
mean the trash doesn't bother me.

But unlike the sourpuss who wrote a log on the cache page that
said this cache 'gives geocaching a bad name', I would say his
attitude reflects more negatively on geocachering than the fact there
is a cache in an old cemetary.

> I did notice that not hardly a comment was made on the damaging
of old walls and foundations. Does that mean that people agree on that point?