[GeoStL] Re: HELP!!!!

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 20:04:24 -0600

-
i do believe mean gene is a magellen user . he might know how to do it also.

gln

At 03:30 PM 11/6/2002 -0600, you wrote:
-

Dan,
Not being a Magellan user I can't answer Magellan specific questions but to get a wpt file from a loc file you can use geobuddy. You can download it free from http://www.geobuddy.com. Another method is to use easygps to upload your waypoints to gps and then download them from gps to Mapsend.

Bruce

From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] HELP!!!!
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:59:45 -0800 (PST)

-
Hi all you much more experienced cachers :) !!!!

I am just now getting into using the Megellan GPS and
I need some help with some software issues.

1. I have figured out how to download waypoints from
geocaching.com to EasyGPS as a .loc file

2. I have figured out how to download those WPs to the
Megellan.

3. I also have a copy of Mapsend Streets and
Destinations USA.

How do I?

1. convert the .loc file to a .wpt file so that I can
put the WPs into the MapSend without doing it
manually.

2. Is the Megellan SporTrack capable of downloading
Maps from MapSend?

3. Is there other software that is easier to use and
can I get it free or at a nominal cost?

Thanks in advance

Dan (Thunder)

The SLAGA E-store is closed for repairs......