[GeoStL] Re: Group cache question for the group

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:27:00 -0800 (PST)

-
Susan,

It depends of course upon where you are
going....whether it is in the city or way out in the
sticks. Columbia is a nice little community and most
of the amenities are not very far away if you forget
something. I have an old briefcase that I carry my
caching stuff in for the city hunting. I keep spare
batteries...goodies for the caches ...pens and pencils
plus keep all my caching sheets and maps there to keep
them organized until I get into town. Then of course
everything gets scattered everywhere.:D ....Water is
good or soda but in a city you can just stop at a
quick shop for some if you forget it....I prefer
tennis shoes in town because you are walking a variety
of surfaces from sidewalks and roads to a rocky trail.
It doesn't hurt to have extra socks and shoes in case,
though water crossing in cities are fewer then a
widerness cache....However on this trip the King Cache
is next to and across a creek....I was able to cross
last time without getting wet but with the rain we are
having you never know. Don't forget to bring a little
something to share at the potluck dinner....I am
bringing a cooler with ice so if it needs to be kept
cold we can put it there. Depending on how many show
up Sat. morning we can ride in our Suburban or car
pool in a couple of vehicles instead of having a long
train of cars.....our vehicle will hold 7 or 8
depending on the degree of comfort level wanted :D and
how close we want to get LOL

Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing and
meeting you all on Saturday

Dan (Thunder)