[GeoSTL] Group Hike to celebrate BruceS 1,000th find

  • From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:27:09 -0500

PLANS FOR BRUCES 1,000TH FIND
As most of you know, geocacher BruceS, who
we like to consider 'one of our own', is nearing
1,000 geocaching finds.  His goal is to reach that
mark within 333 days since he started hunting caches,
which computes to an average of about 3 caches found
PER DAY! It is no wonder he is called an 'ATM'
because he is truly a 'cache-machine'!

BruceS has graciously allowed us to tag along
with him on his 1,000th find.  He has tentatively
chosen July 28th as the day and Onondaga
S.P. as the cache.  This may change, so to keep
up to date with the latest information, go to:
http://www.GeoStL.com/SLAGAEventCalendar/index.html
We will add more detail to the calendar as we get it.

If you can find the time, you shouldn't miss this occassion
to celebrate and meet your fellow SLAGA members.

SLAGA GROUP HUNTS
To give you an idea of how we've proceeded with
group hunts before -  we publish a meeting time and place,
which might be a gas station on the way to the cache parking
area.  We can also guestimate when we are going to start
the hunt, so you could meet us at the cache parking area
if that were more convenient.

Bring your own water, trinkets, hiking gear, bug spray,
etc. Try to be self-sufficient.  If you happen to forget
something, we usually have seasoned hikers and geocachers
and most likely will be able to help you out.

We don't always stick together in one bunch all the time
because some walk faster than others.  If you visualize
a slinky, we spread out, then come back together a number
of times during the longer hunts.

When we get back to the parking lot, we like to eat.  We
loosely determine who is going to bring what, after we start
getting a head-count.  There is usually soda, snacks,
sandwiches and dessert.  Plan to bring some food to share
with the rest.

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.