[GeoStL] Group Cache and BBQ Sat. June 28, 2003

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 21:31:26 -0700 (PDT)

-
This is an invitation to my geocaching friends to come
to a BBQ and Group cache June 28th 2003.

My wife insists that we have some kind of celebration
for my 50th birthday this year (though I see NO reason
to celebrate turning 50 other than the fact that I am
alive) and wanted to throw a big party but I decided
that I might as well do something I will enjoy so I am
inviting all my caching friends down to our cabin near
St. Robert's (Ft. Leonard Wood) for some BBQ
hamburgers and hotdogs...baked beans and maybe some
potato salad. Then we will do a group cache to pick up
not only my Piney River caches but also the ones near
Waynesville and St. Roberts. These would include:
A View for Jess
Bussman Lodge
A Cache for Hookers
Smelly Rock
Leaking Earth
Wire Road
Big Hole
and possibly several others that I or others will set
out.
If you think you can come please let me know so I can
plan on the hamburgers etc. and so I can send the
information on how and where to meet.
There is some limited camping (very primitive) on the
Mark Twain area and we can accomodate a few tents
around the cabin. The area is about 2 hours drive from
St. Louis so it is very possible to get there and back
and do caching in one day.
I look forward to getting together with you for a
great day of caching...good food and just plain fun.
You can answer me here or by sending email to
thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx or dhenke@xxxxxxxx

Thanks and hope at least some can make it down

Dan (thunder)

Subject field