[GeoStL] Re: Gps

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:34:47 -0800 (PST)

These should both work basically the same way.  When connected to the computer,
the unit appears as removable "USB drive".  GSAK can send directly to the
unit. If you want to do it "by hand", you can just copy the .gpx files from the
PQ to the appropriate folder on the removable drive. Don't recall if either of
them allows you to delete .gpx files from the unit itself. Earlier Garmin units
with similar functionality required you to connect to the computer and use
Windows Explorer for this.

Tom

________________________________
From: milwginny@xxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:12:08 -0600

Okay, we’ve narrowed down to Oregon 450 or e-Trex 30 and (THANK you Tom W!!)
got
some “hands-on” time with them at REI. We did our features list, and paperless
was top of that list – everything else we pretty much got answers but this one
sticks:
Does either gps, or both, take pocket queries – and can this be done easily????
IMWTK (for the uninitiated: Inquiring Minds Want To Know) And could we meet
someone with the 450, and someone with the e-Trex at the Potluck for
advice/pros
and cons on these?

Ginny Kiernan Dahlberg, Ph.D. “Speak the truth as if you had a thousand voices!
It is silence that kills the World.” --St. Catherine of Siena