[GeoStL] Re: Got my iPAQ 3650

  • From: Mike Tollefson <mbtoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:48:50 -0800 (PST)

Then there are some of us that use Cachemate on our PDA.  The file is created
by GSAK.

  Mike

Cindy Spurr <leeharper13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  I use a mobile phone (treo 700) with GPXSonar on it.  It allows me to export
pqs from gsak to sandisk then I put the sandisk into phone.

  I open gpxsonar browse to the folder and open the file offline.  It contains
a link to the actual cache page so if I need more information, more than 5
logs, etc...I click the link and it goes online and brings up the latest
real-time cache page (not recommended if you do not have a data package plan
with your phone company -- it's expensive going online without the package).

  So in a nutshell, once I load the pq into a db in gsak, I export it to my gps
then the sandisk in 2 clicks.

  Cindy
  Want to learn about geocaching in Hampton Roads? Visit
http://www.vageocachers.org
  Want to learn about geocaching in St. Louis? Visit
http://www.geostl.com/SLAGAPostNuke/index.php