[GeoStL] Google Earth Public Ownership

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 20:30:04 -0600

-
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/257

I gave up waiting for the Corps of Engineers to get me their landownership.
I will update it and my landownership files when I get the data from the
Corps.  This has all the County Parks Ownerships, State of IL and MO Park
Ownerships, National Wildlife Refuges, Ozark National Scenic Riverways, Mark
Twain and Shawnee National Forests ownership, and some other ownerships.

Everything is transparent red.  Click on it and it will tell you what it is.

Just unzip the file, double click on it, and it will open in GoogleEarth.
It is very slow to open, so in a future version I may cut down on the states
(IL, MO IN IA KY) so it would open faster.

The boundaries are not perfect, but they are mostly really good.  It is
defiantly the best data out there.

People should probably check their caches with this before submitting them.
Looking around, it looks like there are many caches that are not on the
property the cache page indicates.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

from this