[GeoStL] Good bye

  • From: Eric & Dayna East <believer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 08:30:35 -0600

-
I have met some really great people through this group, and have had a lot of
fun, but there are
some very thin skinned people in this group who are offended by anything &
everything that is NGR
& think the world revolves around geocaching and that is just sad.
I have never tried to cause trouble in this group, but it seems that everything
I bring up,
caching related or REAL life gets me into trouble, even something as harmless
as talking about my
ship shooting water at green peace trouble makers. Or asking people to vote
their conscience on
something as vile as gay marriage (and I didn't even ask for it to be discussed
on the group, I
just made you aware of the poll, so you could vote on your own) Yet others can
make all sorts of
disgusting comments about such things as placing kidney stones in caches or
trashing our great
nation & the military that gave them the right to do so & that's just fine; you
talk about mixed
up!!!
I stated on the 2nd of Jan. that I was going to take a couple of days to decide
if we  wanted to
remain in this group or not & I have done that. It wasn't easy, but the
decision was made somewhat
easier by the resounding lack of silence in regard to that message. It's
obvious you want me gone,
so I will oblige you.

Thanks to those who have befriended us. You know who you are.

God bless you all!

Believer  AKA: Eric & Dayna

Eric & Dayna East wrote:

> -
> I have never come on this list with the intention of starting trouble, but it
> seems that I
> have a tendency to rub "certain" people the wrong way, so to avoid future
> problems, I am going
> to take a couple of days & seriously consider whether or not I should
> continue participating
> in this news group & any future SLAGA events.
>
> God bless!
>
> Glenn wrote:
>
> > -
> > I wonder why people are starting to unsub from the list again??
> >
> > I would like to send a big HOWDY to the new folks that have joined us since
> > Christmas.
> >
> > Glenn
Subject field