[GeoStL] Glenn, here's an idea for a cache to setup....

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GC-maillist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:03:16 -0600

I know there has been a great deal of interest in the valuable caches recently
placed in Canada. I thought I would mention one that we have right here in the
Northeast.

Several years ago the Greene County Tourism Board created a treasure hunt based
on the Captain Kidd legend to lure tourists to the Catskill, NY area (it
worked; I've been there 5 times looking for this one).

I never really thought of it as a geocache until recently I remembered that it
mentions Longitude, Latitude, Minutes, and Seconds. It also describes making a
compass.

The finder of the hidden golden doubloon wins a crown with jewels recently
valued at $16,000.

If you're interested just call the Greene County Tourism office at (518)
943-3223 and ask for a copy of the "Captain Kidd and the Missing Crown"
treasure hunt (it's free). It is a story containing the clues and an old map. I
am not associated in any way with the hunt. I'm just one of the many frustrated
hunters.

I will gladly share all of my ideas and information, but new ideas are needed.
I know that this group of geocachers can crack this one (and then I'll be able
to sleep at night).

Interested? This could be the ultimate cache (thus far).

geospotter

http://opentopic.groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=9410987545