[GeoStL] Re: Glenn Being first....

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:55:35 -0500

-
Eric,

I don't think you need to worry here. I go out with Glenn a lot and I can
guarantee you that he has the same sheets printed out that you or I would
have. There are no handwritten numbers on the sheets either. Since this is a
game that depends on the honor system of logging, any of us could probably
log caches on GC.COM and never physically visit the cache or write in the
log book. I know I don't verify every log entry with the logbook on my
caches.

Glenn is keeping track of the WP's and final location of the multi's to
allow him to verify the locations are valid and within the GC.COM guidelines
(not near a RR, in a natural area, etc). He can then keep track when new
caches are placed to ensure that the .1 mile between caches rule is true.

Having a cache approver in our area has a big advantage since he knows
details that other approvers don't. For instance, Katy trail and Grant trail
show up as a RR track on the maps, but they are converted bike trails.
Rockwoods Reservation is off limits but the maps show a large park. Out of
state approvers wouldn't know that information. I think the closest
approvers other than Glenn are in TN and KY.

Glenn may be able to keep all the intermediate and final WP's in his head
when we go caching, but I guarantee you he does an excellent job of hiding
it. :-)

Rich