[GeoStL] Re: Glenn Being first....

  • From: GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Chris Binder <cpbinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:28:25 +0000 (GMT)

Save $$$ - Get global internet access at local rates
with Net2Roam ISP. See http://web2mail.com/n2r.php?2

Actually, i dont get out all that much anymore. At least, not like i used to.
AND, 'da Bear is doing most all the important SLAGA work now. I just help once
in a while.

Cache approval is still a valid discussion point.

Moving from the uneversally known as true premise of  "(some) cache approvers
cheat, therefore approvers should not hunt caches in wich  they have helpful
info."  We can expend that a bit.

Since Cache approvers are just regular geocachers.. then   regular geocachers
cheat too and should not hunt caches if they have helpful information.

Since helpful information comes from other cachers, then when one should not
hunt geocaches in the presence of other cachers for fear of recieving some
helpful information and therefore would be cheating when logging a find.

If cache hunting in a group or team, only the actual finder should claim the
find. Any other cacher that logs the find would have recieved info from the
other team menbers and would also have cheated.

Since all geocaching friends talk to other geocachers, a cacher really should
refain from hunting caches placed by any friend since it is assured that they
will have discussed the cache and passed "helpful information" to help find the
cache. That  would then be cheating for sure.

Another stepe in the line would be that really, since everybody knows somebody,
and everybody talks,  only the very 1st finder of a cache would be allowed to
log the find since he is sure to talk to other cachers and thus spread helpful
information. All discoveries after the 1st finder should really just be a note
of the activity, to do otherwise would surely be cheating too.

Seems this is all as stupid as the founding premise.

I  think all this could be done away with if we didnt have cache approvals or
cache as groups or have friends that geocache.   Since Navecache and
waypoints.org dosnt approve anything, all we need to do is list with Navecache,
get rid of all our geo-friends then we can assure everyone that no one is
cheating.  That all seems easy enough. :-) :-)

glenn

Subject field