[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching vs Munzee's

  • From: "Wayne Lindberg" <alindb01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 23:21:11 -0600

Happy Birthday, Bernie!!!

From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bernie Ver Hey
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 9:23 AM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Geocaching vs Munzee's

I'm with you, Maggie. I have at least three caches with Munzees right next
to them or nearby. Bernie

From: mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Geocaching vs Munzee's
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:42:26 -0600

I would like to share to everyone the problem I encountered today between
Geocaching and Munzee's.  I went to do some maintenance on some of my caches
today, and to my surprise, I found a Munzee a few feet away from my
geocaching container.  I was made aware by the munzee owner that they were
doing this, but I did not expect them to be in sight of my geocache.  I
called the munzee owner and asked him/her this question: "Are all munzee
seekers also geocachers?"  The answer was that most of them are geocachers,
but probably not all.  I then asked, "Since all munzee seekers are not
geocachers, aren't you therefore, inviting muggles to find my geocache and
possibly take it?"  The munzee owner did not think of that possibility and
volunteered to move the munzee's away from my cache location.

I think there is a place for geocaches and I think there is a place for
munzee's, but I do not think they should be in the same place.  If any other
munzee hiders have them placed next to my caches, would you please move them
some distance away from my cache so it is not possible for the location to
be discovered by a muggle munzee seeker.

I am curious how other geocachers and munzee seekers feel about this.  So I
invite your comments.  Thanks

L Frank

No virus found in this message.