[GeoStL] Geocaching seminar

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GC-maillist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 19:19:51 -0600

I've got a little more info on the seminar we're putting on for the St. Louis
County Parks at Greenfelder Learning Center on April 5th, 10 AM till dark?

Shortly, what ever that means, the details will be on the park's website.
http://www.stlouisco.com/parks/.
Signup can also be done from the webpage. There will be a $5 per person charge
and SLAGA will get 1/2 of the money collected. If you know anyone that wants to
attend the seminar or received a GPS for Christmas and wants to learn about
geocaching, have them sign up.

Currently they can call 314-615-4386 to register and pay with a credit card. In
March a mailing of 150,000 brochures will go to each household (only one, not
150,000 to each household) and will have details of all the upcoming events,
including geocaching. He also said that starting in March they will run ads in
the newspapers and on radio promoting these events or seminars. Naturally the
brochures will not be mailed to St. Louis city, St. Charles, Jefferson, and
Franklin counties or Illinois so we'll need word of mouth to pass the
information on outside of St. Louis County

When the park's website gets updated, we can have a link on the SLAGA page,
"The Local News" cache page, and we'll create an event cache for the program.

Rich