[GeoStL] Geocaching program at Columbia Bottom Conservation Area

  • From: Lena Dowers <ldowers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:37:46 -0500

I will be leading a geocache program for beginners at Columbia Bottom
Conservation Area through the Missouri Department of Conservation. If you know
of any families that are interested in geocaching but did not have the
equipment or wanted some guidance on how to start, then this class if for them!
The class will be Saturday, March 30th, from 1-3pm and meets at the Visitor
Center. Reservations are required, since we have a limited number of GPSr.
There is no charge for the class.

Here is the program description:
Pirates of Columbia Bottom: Intro to Geocaching March 30 • Saturday • 1–3 PM
(Families)  Bring the whole family to Columbia Bottom to be modern day pirates
through the outdoor sport of geocaching! This adventurous outdoor activity ties
both technology and nature together – great for all ages. Join us for a brief
introduction on the basics of geocaching and then try your hand at hunting for
hidden treasures on the area. GPS units will be provided.

For reservations call the Visitor Center at 314-877-6014. The building is open
Sat-Sun 8am-4pm and Wed-Fri 8am-5pm. The conservation area is open daily
sunrise to sunset.
Columbia Bottom Conservation Area is 3 miles north on Riverview Drive off I-270
at the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers.
http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/columbia-bottom
To learn about more nature programs offered in the St. Louis region through
MDC, please visit
http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/conservation-connections-newsletter

Thanks for sharing. Happy caching!
Lena Dowers