[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching is on the Back Burner for now

  • From: "Thomas Whelan" <twhelansr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 04:52:07 -0500

a prayer and a candle.
Trekto and BoBaker
Tom and Linda Whelan
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mary Beth Gianoli<mailto:marybeth.gianoli@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 10:42 PM
  Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Geocaching is on the Back Burner for now

  Sending prayers for all of you.

  -mb

  On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Bob TheCacher
<cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Some of you know this already, some don't.  3 weeks ago I took my father to
the hospital because he was feeling very ill.  After a barrage of tests they
found he had a urinary track infection.  But what we didn't know is that he
also had prostate cancer which spread into his bone marrow.  A bone scan
disclosed that it was spread throughout his body and turned his bones into
being highly brittle.  After a week in the hospital, we put him in St. Peters
Manor nursing home where the thinks he's getting better.  We haven't told him
the severity of the situation - yet. While rotating him in bed they broke his
right leg just below the hip which further complicates things as surgery is out
of the question. (not their fault) Last Friday we bought the "pre-paid" funeral
at Baue in St. Charles.  My sister from Ohio and I are tag-teaming our time
with him.  It's now waiting for that inevitable phone call.
    Bob Pratt
    BBD1

  --
  We could learn a lot from crayons:
  some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and