[GeoStL] Geocaching is on the Back Burner for now

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:42:35 -0500

Some of you know this already, some don't.  3 weeks ago I took my father to the
hospital because he was feeling very ill.  After a barrage of tests they found
he had a urinary track infection.  But what we didn't know is that he also had
prostate cancer which spread into his bone marrow.  A bone scan disclosed that
it was spread throughout his body and turned his bones into being highly
brittle.  After a week in the hospital, we put him in St. Peters Manor nursing
home where the thinks he's getting better.  We haven't told him the severity of
the situation - yet. While rotating him in bed they broke his right leg just
below the hip which further complicates things as surgery is out of the
question. (not their fault) Last Friday we bought the "pre-paid" funeral at
Baue in St. Charles.  My sister from Ohio and I are tag-teaming our time with
him.  It's now waiting for that inevitable phone call.
Bob Pratt
BBD1