[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching PR

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:29:33 -0800 (PST)

-
You might also include some P&R departments that support geocaching and even
put in a few contacts.  I'm always glad to talk to anyone who has some
questions or concerns.  I bet that Barb at State Parks wouldn't mind either.
GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  -
Susans;

Yep, this is a good idea. Now that we have some volunteers and know what we
need, it just needs a wordsmith or two.

We have several ways to go with this too:

One would be a Powerpoint presentation that could be available both on the
geostl website and/or on a CD as a handout.

Another would be an Adobe PDF file on the website or as a hardcopy handout.
Even a nicely formatted Word document would be good for handouts.

Obviously nice color brochures are nice and effective except the cost to
make copies (about $1 side) would be expensive to just have laying around,
But if someone wants to just print 1 or 2 on their color printer to take
with them, then the cost would be minor.

Whatever is decided as the best way to handle it, I think copies should be
available from our geostl website and be available to anyone (cachers,
Parks, etc) to read or download for extra copies or handouts. PowerPoint can
be produced to run as a stand-alone program where PowerPoint itself isn't
need for it to display.

Rich