[GeoStL] Geocaching 101 seminar

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GC-maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:38:38 -0600

I just talked with Marty at the St. Louis County Parks and he has 10-11 signed
up so the SEMINAR IS ON. He expects walk-ins too, since it is too late to send
the money in.

For those that are helping with the presentation (Dave, Glenn, and Mike), we
should probably get there around 9AM, and the others that are helping by
providing GPS's and moral support, 9:30 should be good. This will give us time
to get the WP's of the flags and caches downloaded into the GPS's. (9 WP's and
3 caches). The 3 caches are temporary and can only be logged by those that paid
to attend the seminar. The event though, can be logged by everyone attending.

We will have the cables for the Garmin Etrex series for transferring waypoints,
but if you have a Magellan or a different Garmin, can you bring a cable to
transfer the WP's. Otherwise they will have to be entered manually.

Looks like a high of 76 and partly sunny for Saturday, so we'll see everyone
Saturday AM.

Rich