[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching 101

  • From: "Bridget Griffin" <bridget@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:21:31 -0600

Sara,
We have a mini-cacher, Brawny Cub, who is 10.  She loves to go caching.  For
her 10th birthday she asked for her own GPS.  We got her a gecko.  It runs
around $89, but is very friendly to the user.  The only drawbacks are there is
no place for a landyard to clip to (Bernie fixed that problem for her) and you
can't download anything.  It is all done by hand.  She is very responsible with
it.  She keeps it in her dresser drawer until she needs it to go caching.  She
even bought a hard case to store it in at the dollar store (eye glass case).
So, I think in answer to your question, it all depends on when you are ready
for your daughter to have one and when you think she is ready to have one.
Good luck
Bridget