[GeoStL] Re: GeoStL] Picnic hosts -some questions

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jwilliams2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:10:58 -0500

-
Is there any type of budget?

-----Original Message-----
From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike Griffin
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 9:42 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: GeoStL] Picnic hosts -some questions

-
I think a host should do what they want.. Parks work great for us who have
those little yards. I think that if someone wanted to say.. Potluck Only,
cook your own meat, that would be just fine. I feel it is more in the
fellowship than the extravaganza.

I would like to outline a few expectations..

1) They should plan the date and location. This means acquiring the location
too.
2) They should make sure an event page is setup and then promote it.
3) Recruit volunteers for games, cooking, setup, clean up, etc...
4) Hide some caches or setup some games or activities for the adults

Other than that, it could be anything. Again, I really think that a person's
creativity is key to variety and fun!

Mike