[GeoStL] GeoBingo

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 06:40:07 -0800 (PST)

-
Hi everybody,

I am wanting to do a GeoBingo game at the potluck in Jeff City.  I think I know
how I want to do it but I want to check with you to see if I'm forgetting
anything.

The game will work like this.  I am making a lot of numbers (B14, I22,
N30.....) and I will be putting them in both event caches that will be out just
for the day of the event and existing caches around town.  I will have 2
laptops set up with one for Garmin/MapSource and one for Magellan/MapSend.  I
will have a print-off and also a CD with them in a Loc file.

Everyone who attends will get a listing of all caches and off they go.  At
every cache they hit, they will get one number from each cache.  They will
bring all their numbers back to the pavilion at 6pm and will get a bingo card
at that time.  You can't look at the card before you choose it (blind draw) and
then you once you get your card, you mark your numbers.  Prizes will be awarded
in this order: 1-blackout; 2-large frame; 3-small frame;4-big x;
5-five-in-a-row; 6-six-pack; 7-four corners; 8-four-pack, and some more I
haven't thought of yet.  I some of this from:
http://www.cachunuts.com/bnglead.asp.

I am figuring that I need as many numbers in each cache to equal the number of
people playing the game (80-90?).  I am thinking about regionalizing the
numbers with B numbers furthest east all the way to O numbers furthest west.  I
don't want stuff too spread out so it's too hard to hit all the caches with
numbers.

Here are a few questions:
1.  Is there anything I am forgetting?
2.  Are the ways I have the waypoints available sufficient?.
3.  Can you thing of any other patterns on the bingo board?.
4.  What do you think the appropriate number of caches to plan on should be
(how many can a person hit in a day)?.  How many numbers should a person expect
to get (a card has 24 numbers).
5.  Should each person get only 1 card?  Should we say 1 card free and extra
cards $1 with proceeds going to MOGA?

If you have suggestions or comments, please let me know.  I have permission for
some really cool cache sites for the event already and more to come.  This will
be a blast!

Mike (Lazylightning)

Subject field