[GeoStL] Re: Garmin in the news

  • From: SSG Dru C Reeves <dru.reeves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:50:39 -0600

Now we should be careful about mentioning ANYTHING about the war. There are those amongst us who would take offense to anything war related and I most certainly don't want to do that. It is not my nature to do such things.

Oh by the way, GO ARMY! Kick Butt!!

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 12:00 AM, P ekey wrote:

From Friday's Kansas City Business Journal:

"Several news crews in Iraq are using Olathe-based Garmin Ltd.’s global positioning system (GPS) devices, company spokesman Pete Brumbaugh said. The company hasn’t sold any of the devices to the military, he said, because the military only buys products manufactured in the United States. Garmin’s hand-held GPS units are built in Taiwan, he said.

“We do a lot of international business, but we haven’t seen an immediate impact,” Brumbaugh said. “Our stock price has been elevating the past few days because of a general awareness of GPS technology.”