[GeoStL] Re: Garmin eTrex gasket problem

  • From: "James Everman" <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:04:55 -0500

-
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:32:10 -0500
  Roger Barnes <rogbarn@xxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> OK, I know I should have listened when everyone else was
>having the
> problem, but I didn't.  The rubber gasket around my
>Garmin eTrex has
> ripped and won't stay on.  I've had it for a couple of
>years now and
> don't really want to try to send it back.  Did anyone
>find a good
> solution to sticking it back on without creating a mess?

  I was in the same position this spring and eventually
lost the 'gasket' while bushwhacking a cache. Eventually I
sent mine in (after much prodding from others) and it was
replaced for free even though long out of warrenty.

  Actually, they transfered my lanyard and data to a
refurbished unit. But it was fairly quick - and did I
mention, FREE.

  Geo Jim
Subject field