[GeoStL] Garmin WLX File for PQ's

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:06:29 -0600

-
Here is the file I talked about last night. Those who have Mapsource will
really like the way you can create Pocket Queries directly from
the map. Very simple to install.
In XP, just make sure you have "show hidden files enabled."
I do not have vista or windows 7 so I cannot tell you where the directory is
located.
On XP, go to C:\Documents and Settings\"your profile name"\Application
Data\Garmin\Web Link Extensions and place this file in that directory.
Cut the text in between the markers and use wordpad to paste it. DO NOT ADD
ANYTHING. The file name must be called geocachingPQ.wlx.
Save this file so you can find it and move it into the right directory. You can
go into Mapsource and under OPTIONS you can verify the web link exists.

Here is the file

------------------CUT HERE ----------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<weblink xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/WebLinkExtensions/v1";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/WebLinkExtensions/v1

http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/WebLinkExtensions/v1/WebLinkExtensionsv1.xsd";>

<displayName>

<token xsi:type="LocalizedLiteral_t">

<content language="ENU" string="Create a PQ on geocaching.com"/>

</token>

</displayName>

<wlxNamespace>www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/WebLinkExtensions/geocaching.com/PQ</wlxNamespace>

<version>2</version>

<supportedLanguages>

<supportedLanguage>ENU</supportedLanguage>

</supportedLanguages>

<url>

<token xsi:type="Literal_t"
content="http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?lat="/>

<token xsi:type="Value_t" format="LAT_DEFAULT"/>

<token xsi:type="Literal_t" content="&amp;lng="/>

<token xsi:type="Value_t" format="LON_DEFAULT"/>

</url>

</weblink>

If you have problems, let me know and I will see if I can help.

Mike

from this