[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450

  • From: Patricia Hutchison <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:11:54 -0600

Also, my PQ generated two files:  .gpx and .wpts.gpx - Do I put both on the
GPS?  If not, which one?

 Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 06:09:51 -0800
From: mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes...it is F:/Garmin/GPX

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:00:23 -0600
From: david.dewitt63@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The way i go about doing this is, plug the usb cable to the gps and computer.
Then down load the pocket query to the gps directory {drive letter}/garmin/gps

Then unplug and have fun.

Team_state

aka. Dave & Kathy

On Mar 7, 2013 7:51 AM, "Patricia Hutchison" <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ok, other Garmin Oregon 450 owners:  I now have my new unit and it's ready to
be set up for Geocaching.  I've done the quick start and visited the Garmin
website to register it, but now I'm not sure what I'm doing.  When I run a
query for caches on Geocaching.com, then what do I do?  I'm a bit lost and of
course the quick start guide is pretty much only helpful for putting in the
batteries and turning it on.  Help!

Spiritwolf922