[GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 06:09:51 -0800 (PST)

Yes...it is F:/Garmin/GPX

________________________________
 From: Patricia Hutchison <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2013 8:07 AM
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Garmin Oregon 450

In my case, it's F:/Garmin/GPX  There is no "GPS"; could it be GPX?  Isn't that
the .extension for the file?

________________________________
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:00:23 -0600
From: david.dewitt63@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The way i go about doing this is, plug the usb cable to the gps and computer.
Then down load the pocket query to the gps directory {drive letter}/garmin/gps
Then unplug and have fun.
Team_state
aka. Dave & Kathy

On Mar 7, 2013 7:51 AM, "Patricia Hutchison" <patriciahutchison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ok, other Garmin Oregon 450 owners:  I now have my new unit and it's ready to
be set up for Geocaching.  I've done the quick start and visited the Garmin
website to register it, but now I'm not sure what I'm doing.  When I run a
query for caches on Geocaching.com, then what do I do?  I'm a bit lost and of
course the quick start guide is pretty much only helpful for putting in the
batteries and turning it on.  Help!